Saturday, October 3, 2009

Former contender David Tua proves too much for NZ heavy weight boxing champ last night...


Former contender David Tua proves too much for NZ heavy- weight boxing champ last night...

Former No 1 contender for the world heavyweight boxing crown, Samoan born Kiwi, the "Tuaman" David Tua, returned to the ring last night and ko'd the NZ champion, Kiwi born Shane Cameron, early in the second round. Tua has been involved in legal matters outside of the ring in recent years.

David Tua has been largely forgotten in the boxing world in recent years, but the former No. 1 heavyweight contender returned to the ring after a two-year layoff last night, and he appeared to be in fighting shape as he easily defeated an overmatched Shane Cameron by second-round TKO.

Fighting in his adopted New Zealand for just the fourth time in his professional career, Tua knocked Cameron down quickly and totally overwhelmed him in the first round. After the second knockdown Tua was dangerously close to being disqualified for landing a punch while Cameron was on the ground, but the referee allowed the fight to continue, and Tua finished Cameron off in the second.

"I know I've lost a lot of weight and I think a lot of people have said I lost my speed. Now I believe I have just started my career, if anything," Tua said afterward. "So it was important for me to win this fight and win it well."

It was the proverbial mismatch, but the gallant Cameron proved no real challenge to one of the hardest punchers in the heavy weight ranks.

Tua improved his professional record to 50-3-1, with 43 wins by knockout.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good afternoon everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for that singular model. The prices as regards the shoes are approximately 230 dollars everwhere. But definitively I found this location selling them for half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good morning everyone. I'm really into shoes and I had been searching for that exact make. The prices as regards the boots were approximately 210 pounds on every page. But definitively I set this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good morning bros. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the boots are approximately 220 dollars everwhere. But completely I base this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

golden goose outlet
supreme
supreme new york
yeezy shoes
palm angels tracksuit
supreme hoodie
off white clothing
cheap jordans
cheap jordans
yeezy